Losing Your Self Means You Can Find It Again
So I’ve been gone for a while and not just in the literal sense that I haven’t made very many blog posts. I mean that, for a few months there, I was losing who I was. Granted, that concept of identity has always been a bit vague for me, I’m just a little bit everywhere all the time. I’ve never felt like I’m a cohesive person, but fortunately I’ve got enough of a through line that I can cling to the fact that I love to learn things and I love solving puzzles.
Anyway, current issues first. Heres the tl;dr.
- I was laid off in November.
- I finished my creative thesis.
- I put together an anthology of work from my classmates.
- I won an award for being an important part of the Stonecoast Community.
- I wound up mind-locked during my thesis presentation and failed that.
- I did further research on my third-semester project to make up my presentation. Will likely post it up here in part.
- I interviewed for a job in Maine and was offered a position, but I couldn’t accept.
- I started going to therapy.
- I got jerked around by at least four job opportunities in DC.
- Same with Richmond.
- I turned in my make-up paper and was sent my MFA. I’ve not written anything since then.
- I moved in with my in-laws. I am looking for work in Wilmington/Philly.
- I helped launch a ASCII-based rogue-like game.
- I went to GPPhilly.
- I started on the path to being an Level 1 DCI Judge
- I started work on a comprehensive calendar for Magic events.
I will write a follow up to this at a later time, I want to unpack things a bit more.